Installation Question

Coordinator
May 11, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Feel free to ask any installation questions.
Currently you'll need to have trusted sites and IE security set correctly and use this powershell in the GPO or local logon script.
You also need to remove "check permissions" for redirected folders.
Then you'll need to add the folder redirects manually (so they write to the office 365 folder)
Aug 1, 2014 at 7:47 PM
This looks very useful for schools using office 365 as often roaming profiles are utilised, looking at this in a lab currently - thanks for sharing.
Sep 2, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Hi and thanks for sharing. I can get the script to work on a win 8.1 machine but I cant get this to work on any win 7 machine. The "sign in adress field" doesnt get populated and the script fails.
Both OS has IE11. Do you know if it is supposed to work in windows 7?
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2014 at 8:56 PM
I've used it on 2008 R2 so I'd assume Windows 7 would work. you'll need to make sure you're allowing symlinks and there are some security settings you'll have to loosen.
Sep 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM
someone did something on my end.. and now i got it to work. anyway.. Thanks for the quick reply
Nov 28, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Edited Nov 29, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Your script is working great with Win 8 devices but fails to map with Windows 7 ... I added the Win 7 libraries module as well as policies to allow users Sym link creation rights on top of the policies that are needed for trusted sites and IE security ... the office 365 web authentication is successful ...The script error is "not finding network path" and the final pop up window indicates that the temp drive is being used but even the temp drive is not actually mapping ..... Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Dec 1, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Resolved!... turns out the Win 7 Web Client service was not set to Automatic and Enabled
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Sorry for the delay, I'm glad you sorted it out. I'll add that to the front page.